By Alberto Soto, chef at CEPA 21 RESTAURANTE.
The octopus is an ideal accompaniment to your salads. In this recipe we bring you an octopus salad with escalibada that will delight your guests.
RECIPE FOR 4 PEOPLE:
- 1 leg of cooked octopus
- Candied potato cubes
- Roasted pepper sorbet
- Air of paprika
- Sprouts and sprouts
- Pickled onion flakes
- Roasted red and green pepper
- Aubergine cream grilled
- Olive oil
- Mark the octopus on a strong ember.
- For the potato cubes, cut the potato and confitter it in Arbequina olive oil over low heat.
- For roasting, roast peppers and eggplant, cut the peppers into strips and remove the pulp from the eggplant, dress with Arbequina olive oil and set aside.
- To make the sorbet, roast some red peppers in the oven, remove the skin and bring them to boiling water, some sugar and glucose, turbinate and freeze.
- For the paprika air, beat a mixture of water, paprika and soy lecithin, let stand and set aside.
- To pick the onion home, add a mixture of soy, vinegar, orange peel, lemon peel, cinnamon, spices. Let rest, ‘deslascar’ the onion and reserve.
Using a rectangular mold we put the base of escalibada, on it and of an irregular form we placed in the superior part 3 dice of candied potato, the flakes of pickled onion and the octopus in a lateral one.
On the other side of the assembly we incorporated a quenelle of pepper sorbet.
Decorate with tender shoots and add the air of paprika on the octopus and rectify salt.